I was super excited when I heard about Flea Market Flipper University for a few reasons:
- I am currently decluttering my apartment during our declutter challenge in my Facebook group Millennial Money Moves
- I was always interested in selling items around my house or trying to buy items at thrift stores and sell them but never knew how to get started
I knew I wanted to interview Rob and Melissa to learn more about their story. In 2016 they made $133,000 flipping items! This is a great side hustle you can do on your own schedule and something that doesn’t have a huge learning curve. You can start making money within a few weeks! If you are interested in making some extra money selling items around your house, selling on Ebay, or finding free items to sell, you need to read this interview. To sign up for their course, Flea Market Flipper University, click here.
Can you tell me a little about yourself?
My name is Rob and my wife and I flip used items online for our full-time income. We also run our blog Flea Market Flipper and flipping course Flipper University. We love having our own schedule because we have three young kids at home (ages 5,3,1). They definitely keep us busy, but jump right into the reselling business with us.
How did you get started flipping items?
I come from a family of 7 kids, so my parents were always shopping at yard sales and thrift stores. When I was 16 I started selling a few items on the new website called eBay. 😉
I soon started buying Nordic Tracks from the classified ads, and selling them on eBay for a $200-$300 profit. That was where it all started.
Where do you find most of your items?
My favorite places to get items right now are my local flea market and the app OfferUp. We also buy from Craigslist, in person and online auctions, thrift stores and yard sales, but the first two are my favorite. You can also start by selling items you currently have in your home.
Is it a good side hustle?
Absolutely! For the past 22 years flipping has either been a side income or full-time income for me. When it was a side hustle it would help us pay for all the ‘extras’. We would use the money for vacations, gifts, unexpected bills, and putting more into our savings account. At the moment it’s our main income for a family of 5!
What is one of your tips for beginners?
Stay consistent. One of the things I love about this business is that anyone can do it. It’s not too difficult to learn and apply the skills needed, a person just needs to stay consistent with looking for items and then listing them and selling them.
Who is your course for?
Our Flipper University course is for anyone who wants to make an income reselling items.
We just reopened our Flea Market Flipper University course after it being closed for the past 4 months! We added a lot of content with text, pictures, and videos. We also split it up into sections.
The Beginner/Intermediate course called Pro Flipper Package (earning potential $500-$5,000/month) is for the person who wants to get their feet wet selling the things in their house and get a jump start on eBay. In this course we discuss:
• Sourcing items
• Finding free items to sell
• How to set up your eBay account
• How to set up your PayPal account
• How to list an item on eBay
• Pricing an item
• Writing an item description
• Auction vs. fixed price format
• When to use UPS, FedEx, or USPS
• Calculated vs. fat rate shipping
• How to package small items
• How to cut down a box for shipping
• How to become a Top Rated seller
• How to use Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp to sell your item
• How to package and ship medium and large boxes
• How to save money on your shipping labels
• Shipping insurance
• Setting up your reselling business
The advanced course called Pro Flipper Package Plus (earning potential $5,000-$10,000/month) is all about freight shipping and for the person who is looking to break into a new market and ship large items. In this course we discuss the Pro Flipper course PLUS:
• How to determine when to use FedEx/UPS or freight shipping
• Proper packaging materials and guidelines
• How to box large items
• How to pallet items
• How (and when) to crate items
• Which freight companies are the cheapest to use
• How to create your freight label
• Dropping off your item at a freight terminal
• Scheduling freight pickup.
We are excited to help anyone who has a passion for finding hidden treasures at thrift stores and flea markets make money with this passion!
Thanks Rob & Melissa for letting me interview you!
Why should I get this course?
- Rob and Melissa are experts: they started this from the ground up so they know all of the shortcuts
- They have helped a TON of people: read one of their reviews below
- The course is reasonably priced: they have 2 levels depending on what stage you are at and how much time you are willing to invest
- 30-day money back guarantee: there is no risk, if you aren’t satisfied you can get your money back
- Reach financial goals: Have some debt you want to pay off? Have a savings account you want to beef up? Need to lower stress from unexpected bills?
If you are ready to get started with this side hustle click here to sign up for their course.